Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

My Running Playlist

First of all, I just wanted to say please bear with me while I get my blog up and fully functioning. I'm currently working on a more detailed "about me" page, as well as a more definite theme for my blog as a whole. Thanks for visiting!

Last night's workout kicked my booty. I am in no way able to run at a 6.5 pace for more than 10 seconds. I finished most of the run as planned, and tacked on 20 minutes to my workout with this machine.

IMAG0818.jpg

I'm not quite sure what it's called (it kind of resembles an elliptical) but it's excellent for getting my legs into shape for ski season. I also used some free weights to do various arm exercises. Followed up by a post workout smoothie (sorry for the cell phone camera quality pictures):

IMAG0821.jpg

In the smoothie:
Milk
Dark sweet cherries
Strawberries
Kale
Banana
Arbonne chocolate protein powder (a little expensive, but totally worth it)

IMAG0822.jpg

This is definitely one of my favorite combinations. I usually stick with spinach in smoothies because it blends better, but kale was all I had on hand. The cherries and banana make it really sweet without any added sugar (besides the protein powder, of course).


Now, on to the main topic of this post: my running playlist. I am extremely picky when it comes to the music I listen to while working out. It must be something fast paced with a lot of bass. Pitbull is one of my favorite artists to listen to, especially while I'm running. 

My current playlist

I also get sick of my playlists fairly quickly. This is definitely a problem because my workouts always seem to drag if I'm not really into the music I'm listening to. 

I'm desperately asking for music suggestions to keep my playlist fresh and interesting. 

What are your favorite songs to listen to while you workout?




No comments:

Post a Comment