Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Today called for sweatpants, fuzzy boots, and lots of coffee.

I had a pretty late night last night and a very early morning to study for a chemistry exam. There are two more weeks until the end of the semester, so most teachers are trying to cram in last minute tests before final exam week. 

I did manage to pull together a pretty good dinner last night though. After a quick trip to the grocery store, I was able to make this delicious dish.
 Steak stir-fry with jasmine rice


The stir-fry had precooked steak, red, green, and yellow red bell peppers, broccoli, onion, and snap peas. I let the vegetables steam in olive oil and a little bit of water for 15 minutes or so, then added the precooked steak. After letting that simmer for a few minutes, I added La Choy Original Stir-Fry Sauce. 

I was hoping to have leftovers to last a few days, but it was so good that my boyfriend, Miles, ended up eating most of the intended leftovers. Oh well, at least it was good :).

While dinner was cooking, I munched on some pomegranate arils. I love pomegranate season.


Tonight I have a date with my biology homework. After I get sick of doing that, I'll mosey on over to the gym. I plan on trying a new treadmill interval workout. Side note: It's not unusual for me to not make it to the gym until 1am sometimes (thank goodness for 24/hr gyms). Does anybody else do their workout really late at night?


Since this is a pretty short one, I'll probably hop on the elliptical for 15 minutes and add some strength training at the end.

What are your favorite strength training exercises?
Also, anybody have a favorite interval workout?

Have a good night!

4 comments:

  1. Love the stirfry dinner you made.
    My favorite strength training exercises at home is squats, lunges and dumbbells for upper body work. At the gym it's Leg press and abdominal work.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done sets of squats or lunges in a long time. They're great for getting my legs into shape for ski season. Thanks for the reminder! Also, love dumbbells and ab work! :)

      Delete
  2. Great posts! Bohemia is lurking :) - Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you started a blog. You're a great writer. The dinner you made looks delicious--you can make it when you come home for Christmas (minus the steak). Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete