Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Long time, no see!

Hey folks! Sorry for the disappearing act; I’ve been busy getting back into the school/homework/life routine. My school gave us an entire month for winter break, so I definitely got a little too used to the easy lifestyle that comes with a break from school.

I’ve definitely had a hard time getting myself back into a healthy eating and working out routine. I got out of the habit of reaching for veggies instead of junk food (not that it was 100% great before break) over break, and I’m trying really hard to break it.

I’ve been trying to sneak in a few vegetables to my meals when I can. One of my recent favorites is roasted asparagus.
zvido3ri

Asparagus is one of my favorite veggies. It’s super quick and easy to make. I usually preheat my oven to 400, wash the asparagus and slice the ends off, brush a small amount of EVOO on foil, lay the asparagus down, cover with a little more oil, salt and pepper, then let them cook for 15-20 minutes or until the desired crispness is reached.

vdzf3cnc

This particular snack was eaten while Skyping with my best friend, Sarah. She is currently going to school over seven hours away from where I am, so I don’t get to see her often. She’s also the one that kicked me in the butt to get a blog post up, so thanks Sarah!

j35cvmc0

For tonight’s dinner, I made parsnip fries, roasted potatoes, and salmon. Not too shabby for getting back on track, eh?

sf5mkppe

These yummy fries were made by baking parsnip slices in a 425 degree oven for about 25 minutes (flipping halfway through) with EVOO, salt and pepper.

zunohiyg

This was definitely a good batch of potatoes, too!

cdhlesjv

The final verdict of the fish was not very good. While it looks pretty (besides the hideously cut lemon), the fish has been in my freezer a little bit longer than I should have let it sit. I’ll be buying fresh fish only from now on.

ob1npuz0

Oh well. Not every meal can be spot on, right?

One more bad habit acquired over break:

2uf0gfrh

I LOVE this stuff. I promise I try really hard to have only one glass a day…. and I water it down…. that makes it okay, right?? ;)

Speaking of trying to exercise portion control, has anybody else tried this flavor of Chobani? If you haven’t, you absolutely must drive to a grocery store this minute and pick it up.

01nvoigy

I also love to stick it in the freezer for an hour and make a frozen yogurt out of it. Delicious! It’s the perfect midnight snack… so long as I can stop at one serving! :)

I’d like to end this post by saying that I think I’ve finally decided to do a New Year’s resolutions post. I’ve been debating on doing it because I have a lot more personal goals than I do fitness related ones, but I know I really like reading those types of posts, so I figured you guys would too. Check back soon for it!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you were ever going to come back. It is awesome that you have jumped back in so quickly. Sadly, I did the same thing over break but showed much more restraint than normal. That Chobani is really good and I don't really like greek yogurt all that much. Sticking it in the freezer for a frozen treat is a great idea and I may pick up a few to try that with on my next shopping trip. Can't wait for your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete